Progress this weekend on the Firehawk. I managed to pull off a considerabel good lava effect. I built up the colors form Vallejo Red Gore to a 50-50 mix of Sunburst yellow and pure white. For the next time I learned that I need less reds and more yellows.
The orange colors provided by GW and Vallejo are both crap if you ask me. I bought some GW orange just in case my paint was the only bad one- don't bother using it either. Anyway- next steps are to rework the black parts to give them more depth. I think about darkening the skullparts as well as the black grey is still too bright for me. I plan to accomplish this with a black glaze.
Inspiration: The Art of Asura
32 minutes ago