Eldar Mech army Mk2

Thanks to the good input of you fellow readers I altered the list quiet a bit.

The army is still centered around the Seer Council- in fact it got harder as I invested more points into them. My Farseer now has a Singing Spear and I gave him Spirit Stones so that he can use a second psychic power. I chose "Doom" so he can help the rest of the army to bring down a single unit efficently.
The Warlocks got another two Destructors (Heavy Flamers) since experienced reader suggested I need these to soften up big units before assaulting them (who am I to question them?). Although weaker units will be wiped out by this treatment there won't be an assault, that should be ok since I can jump back afterwards. Then I'm not engaged and can cast "Doom" in my following shooting phase (if I don not get countercharged that is).

Concerning my lack of firepower I exchanged the Falcons for Fireprisms. They should stand back and shoot at doomed units- cheap and annoying. Since I lost the transport capacity of the Falcons but wanted to stay 100% mechanized I equipped my infantry with Serpents. Their Forcefield seems to be better against Meltas when concidering the math- and those nasty weapons have the tendency to multiply since the introduction of the 5th edition.

To get the points for these investments I stripped the Firedragons down 5 man witout exarch and replaced the Dire Avengers for Assault Guardians. There are now at least two flamers who could help in last turn situations and against a doomed unit even the low strength of 3 could do some damage in closecombat.

Modelwise I have 4 Serpents, 2 Fireprisms, 30 Infantry and 9 Seer Jetbikes. That still looks accompishable (does this word exist?) and I have a good feeling about the playability.

What do you think: Is this better?


Farseer [178]
1 x Farseer
1 x Eldar Jetbike
1 x Singing Spear
1 x Runes of Warding
1 x Spirit Stones
1 x Doom
1 x Fortune

Warlock Unit [509]
8 x Warlock
8 x Eldar Jetbike
1 x Witchblade
1 x Singing Spear
2 x Destructor & Witchblade
2 x Destructor & Singing Spear
1 x Embolden & Witchblade
1 x Enhance & Witchblade

Fire Dragon Squad [190]
5 x Fire Dragon
1 x Wave Serpent Transport
1 x TL Shuriken Cannons
1 x Spirit Stones

Fire Dragon Squad [190]
5 x Fire Dragon
1 x Wave Serpent Transport
1 x TL Shuriken Cannons
1 x Spirit Stones

Guardian Assault Squad [212]
10 x Assault Guardians
2 x Flamer
1 x Wave Serpent Transport
1 x Shuriken Cannon
1 x TL Shuriken Cannons
1 x Spirit Stones

Guardian Assault Squad [212]
10 x Assault Guardians
2 x Flamer
1 x Wave Serpent Transport
1 x Shuriken Cannon
1 x TL Shuriken Cannons
1 x Spirit Stones

Fire Prism [125]
1 x Fire Prism
1 x Spirit Stones

Fire Prism [125]
1 x Fire Prism
1 x Spirit Stones

Sum 1741

Comments

Dverning said…
accomplishable. Yes, it does it exist.

For the new list:
1. I've actually removed the Prisms from my Council-based lists. The problem I had was my Council and other units kept fouling the shots from my Prisms. I was conferring saves, risking my own units, or shooting at sub-optimal targets. Plus, I feel the best targets for Prisms are horde... something your mass of Template weapons are for.
However, this is something that's from the standpoint of a very aggressive player. Your mileage may vary.

2. I'd stripe your Warlocks with another Singing Spear or two, but that's a minor issue.

3. I prefer the extra oomph of a Destructor Warlock in with the Stormies. However, this isn't critical either.

Overall, I like the list. There's a number of little tweaks I'd do were it mine, but those are mostly personal tweaks dependent on playstyle rather than generics.
Cannonfodder said…
Happy to hear that the major issues see m to be fixed. You speak out of my sould when talking about the extra punch of the Destruct with the Guardians- but I simply couldn't fit them in anymore.
I hve some points left for spears but wasn't taking them because I wanted to allocate wounds better. I think I will have to playtest these.
The Prisms will see playtesting as well- I can still switch them for Multilaser Falcons if I find taking too many losses from riendly fire.
Thy for the feedback again.