- I picked Sgt. Lorenzo because I like the model a lot and originally sticked to the original paint scheme. During the project I found some spots where I believe my choice of colors is better and therefore stepped of the original a little. The red tones and the method of highlighting them was one of the points. I rarely highlight red with orange or yellow. Instead I usually start with a very dark red over a black undercoat and layer up to a brigt shiny tone. I reduced the color pallete to get the focus back on the model. All gems and lenses are painted green (except for one- can you find it?). My Power Weapon fits into this scheme as well.
- I added a base to field the model in 40k games. I do not intend to use him in Space Hulk games anymore- because I play it with Imperial Stormtroopers but I made it modular anyway.
- The cauldron on top of the armor was replaced with a banner and I used a decal for the first time in ten years. Because I used Microsol and Microset it cones along very well. On the back I painted a freehand in NMM gold to make the backview more interesting. Another freehand can be found on the Stormbolter-again NMM gold. In the end I weathered the lower parts of the model to fuse it to his base.
I am very pleased with the outcome and would be interested in your feedback!