Friday, November 20, 2009

////

Vostroyan Infantry Color Test

I just finished the color test model for the vostroyan infantry. He came out pretty well and I even found the passion to include OSL effects for all the lenses. Time spent including basing was about 2,5 hours. I started from a primed (black) model and included the color testing and preparing the model snow. I think I can push the timelimit to about two hours on the next models- maybe even a little more when I do it in an assemby line.

Talking about snow- what do you think- is there any alternative to it since the guys are wearing winter head gear?

5 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Brent said... November 20, 2009 at 11:21 PM

    You know, it didn't even occur to me that it should be snow due to the heavy-winter gear. I used my standard basing scheme and it looks fine, but I see you're coming from a more artistic place, so snow is probably best.

  2. Cannonfodder said... November 20, 2009 at 11:24 PM

    Hi Brent- thx for the feedback. Care to share some of your Vostroyan pics? I would be really interested to see them.

  3. Rogue Pom said... November 21, 2009 at 3:23 AM

    The snow lloks really good and suits the mini - I really like how you have modelled it onto the bottom of the feet like it would do in real life.

  4. g-g said... November 21, 2009 at 7:35 AM

    das foto selbst haut mich jetzt nicht so um,wirkt irgendwie nicht so detailiert imho.
    ALLERDINGS(!) sehen die sachen in natura immer 100% besser aus als auf den fotos,sogesehen schaut der sicher welt aus:)

  5. Cannonfodder said... November 21, 2009 at 9:09 AM

    Thx Pom,
    @g-g: Which details are you missing? I am always open for suggestions and he is not sealed yet ;)