Wednesday, June 29, 2011

////

Dreadnought conversion

I decided I wanted to be able to field three Dreadnoughts with my Legio Custodes. On the other hand I was not too happy about spending a fortune on new plastic so I went for an in between aproach.
I am lucky enough to have friends who own about as many models, bits and spareparts for 40k as I do and so one of them offered me to sell me two of his Black Reach Dreadnoughts for a fair price. I gladly accepted and decided to buy one Venerable Dreadnought kit to get the bits for pimping them. The heads are form the Blood Angels Sanguine Guard and  a little bit of greenstuff (and a lot of hacking) cut the deal. Et voila: Three Legio Custodes Dreadnoughts. For the arms I have special plans.

Click here to follow my Legio Custodes project.

Standard Venerable Dreadnought

Converted Black Reach Dreadnought
Another converted Black Reach Dreadnought
All three Legio Custodes Dreadnougts without arms

4 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Spiderpope said... June 29, 2011 at 11:31 AM

    So cool looking, very nice work.

  2. Warflake said... June 29, 2011 at 1:23 PM

    Great work man.

  3. Tristan said... June 29, 2011 at 5:35 PM

    They look fantastic. I plan to do something similar for my flesh tearer dreads when I get around to them.

  4. Cannonfodder said... June 29, 2011 at 6:58 PM

    Thanks for the kind words.
    @Tristan: Maybe go for the Death Company Dreadnought if it is Flesh Tearers. What I know you got different torsi in there as well.