Custom Razorback turret

As I only own Rhinos and no Razorbacks I had to come up with an idea for a replacement. I tried the mini-turret from Oldcrow models but sadly it was too small - although very cool. So I took a look at the sprues I had lying around and found the Dreadnought missile launcher.
Since I dicided to go for Autocannons for both arms I had no real use for it and started converting it to be the prototype of my razorback turret. I added a lot of plasticard to close the rear side and give it an even surface. The I dug out the Heavy Bolter form the Master of the Ravenwing kit and chopped it so it would fit.
Then make a mold, pour resin in- fail, rework the mold, pour resin in-fail...repeat like 5 times and I got my first cast that I can work with.

Click here to follow my Legio Custodes project.

custom Razorback turret master

first usable cast (not cleaned up properly)

this shot shows the flaws which require for freenstuff filling

Comments

Hudson said…
Very cool. It's also a good base for magnetizing the various weapons options.

Popular Posts