Dark Eldar Wracks painting [01]


The first wracks are painted. The models, bases and the colorsheme for them worked really well. I will paint the rest of them now and then go on with their transport.
I used a jungle / swamp theme for their bases. If you take a close look you might notice that their feet are below the watersurface. The  base was custom made by me (Full resin base hollowed out with dremel and casted afterwards. I created the water with vallejo still water effects and experimented with green paints in them.

You can find my Dark Eldar painting log in german by clicking here.


Dard Eldar Wrack

Dard Eldar Wrack

Dard Eldar Wrack

Dard Eldar Wrack

Dard Eldar Wrack

Dard Eldar Wrack

Dard Eldar Wrack

The firts group of Dard Eldar Wracks

Three Wrakcs are already a valid unit!

Comments

Tame said…
Nice painting... and model! Where does it come from ?
Cannonfodder said…
Hi Tame- thx. They are Dirz clones from the range of Confrontatian by Rackham (sadly no longer in production)
Fehdman said…
Just picked up a couple dozen of these myself to proxy as wracks. How do you feel about using Dsyatis Evolutions as Grotesques, Sentinels as Incubi, and the Sighthounds as Khymarae?
I know they come pre-painted, but did you strip them of their original paint job before doing your own?

I'd much rather use these than the over priced resin models GW sells!
Cannonfodder said…
Hi Fehdman,
I think that your ideas for Gotesques and Khymarae will work nicely. I am in the process of painting these at the moment- Also abberation prime is nigh perfect. I am not really sure about the sentinels since my understanding of the incubbi is more aspect warrior like and the sentinels are a little brutish for this.