Eldar Battlesuit conversion

Next up in my Eldar Corsair Prince. As you can see he is wearing a battlesuit!

I have this conversion in my mind for ages and even had the prototype standing around for some time. Now it was time to make him a reality. You see, I never liked the standard Eldar jetbikes but the rules are rather nice. With 6th edition there came some new boosts to those rules
  1. the toughness increase becoming a change to the statline wich helps with instant kill. This puts them on par with the Tau battlesuits
  2. the impact hit helps with close combat even more

come in Eldar Battlesuit count as Jetbike. What do we have? I use the profile of an Eldar Autarch on Jetbike. His equipment list is insanely long when you are willing to invest 140 points (which I find rather fitting for a corsair prince who picks all the best tools form the armory)
  • Eldar Jetbike
  • Twin Linked Shuriken Catapults
  • Force Shield
  • Shuriken Pistol
  • Plasma Grenades
  • Haywire Grenades
  • Mandiblaster
  • Laser Lance
  • Fusion Gun

When thinkign about parts to use:
  • body
    • I started with a Tau XV-25 lower body. I filed a bit to get awy the hard corners of Tau style and added some round plates for the Eldar look.
    • The upper body is an Wldar Guardian Torso although you can hardly tell now since I put 3 layers of putty over it. 
    • The head is an old Eldar Scorpion helmet- which I needed for the Mandiblasters. 
  • equipment
    • Force shield is a Dark Eldar head piece and was attached to the left hand
    • the jet pack is based on a Warwalker foot with some more Warwalker bits, a fake fingernail (women seem to use those nice bits :)), the eldar torso and putty
    • Grenades come from the guardian sprue and also add some shuriken magazines
  • weapons
    • TL Shuriken catapults were quick and come along very nice and smooth.
    • The Fusiongun and Laserlance combiweapon was comverted from the Dark Eldar Dark Lance
    • Shuriken Pistol was not added sofar as I see no place to but the holster without overloading the guy totally. I instead added a secon hand weapon as a ritual knife on his right hand.

Currently I am looking for a name and a basing idea- Eldar Jetbikes come with a large skimmer base, but I think I will put him only on a 40mm base. Gives him a big enough foor print anyhow.



Eldar Battlesuit WIP

Eldar Battlesuit WIP
Eldar Battlesuit WIP
Eldar Battlesuit modeling done
Eldar Battlesuit modeling done

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm sorry but its look just too un-Eldar for me. Especially the legs with the big hoofs. If you look at the warwalkers or the wraithlord, you will see that the legs and hoofs are a lot more slender.
Cannonfodder said…
I think you might be right. Something about The shape of those doesnt feel right. I think I will rework them a little more. Thx for the tip.. how do you like the rest?
Botjer said…
I love it, it looks great, and ive gotten alot of inspiration from it, thanks!
Cannonfodder said…
Hi Botjer,

thank you for the feedback. I am glad i could be of use!
Unknown said…
My friend mentioned to me your blog, so I thought I’d read it for myself. Very interesting insights, will be back for more!
facebook