Wednesday, September 19, 2012

////

Eldar Firehawk revisited part 6

I started painting the Eldar Bomber. I went off with airbrush techiques I learned over the last half year.
The pictures are not the best, please excuse. I will take proper ones when I am done with the model, in the meantime thse must suffice.


Cockpit is primed white and then airbrushed with a transission from yellow to a dark brown

Cockpits are covered with masking tape

A hex pattern was applied to the rear section after priming the bomber black.

A flame effects is added

The maksing tape on the cocpit is removed


5 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Klaus said... September 19, 2012 at 4:51 PM

    Wow!
    The new airbrush paintjob is stunning!
    The flames are simply great and let the bomber look really dangerous.
    I'm also very pleased with the cockpit - this works very good.
    Excellent job!

  2. Cannonfodder said... September 19, 2012 at 6:15 PM

    Hi Klaus!

    thanks for the feedback- I am still learning and the biggest problem currently is the paint I use. Vallejo model just ruins my airbrush really fast- I am more cleaning htan painting actually.

  3. Klaus said... September 19, 2012 at 9:28 PM

    Yeah, I just had the same experience when I sprayed the camo of the PONOS.
    I dunno, but I seem to remember the Vallejo Air color worked a lot better last time...
    but this time I was ready to throw it all into a corner :(

  4. Cannonfodder said... September 20, 2012 at 10:09 AM

    I feel your pain- let me know when you find better ones.

  5. Malduran said... November 15, 2012 at 4:25 PM

    Wow... just wow. Purely becuase of that paint scheme im going to have to follow you to see what else you have in store. Well done, it looks amazing.