XV104 Riptide conversion finished


 I was not willing to pay the price GW has planned to put as a tag on the Riptide so I converted a Bandai Gundum model until it fitted my expectations.
I also took some pictures before painting it but I have yet to find them. :p




XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

XV104 Riptide conversion

Comments

Tim said…
That is kind of...way awesomer than the GW version!

Great job I love the huge weapon.
Cannonfodder said…
Hi Tim, thank you. I combined the Ioncannon and Railraifle for it.
iemattias said…
That is a beautiful piece of work. Which Gundam model did you use? This is a great idea for sourcing less expensive large models.

Don't suppose you'd like to do a tutorial?
Cannonfodder said…
Hi Mattias,

I used the G-Bouncer (costs about 10,- €) 1:144 advanced grade. As a matter of fact I bought two of those and plan to reprodce this suit. I will then try to make a step by step although there is a lot of greenstuff modelin included.
iemattias said…
The more greenstuffing, the better! I love seeing what people manage to do with scratchbuilding and sculpting, and this is just superb!
Your conversion is amazing! The miniature herself is not in a dynamic position but it imposes a presence.
A perfect miniature!

good continuation
Cannonfodder said…
I will get on constructing the second one by end of july. Stay tuned. Sorrily there is not a lot that can be done about the pose to get more dynamic. Unles.... Hmmm.... I have an idea
Unknown said…
Congratulations on a greater good well done
Cannonfodder said…
Thank you. Always trying to further the good of other TAU. :)