Battle Psyker Squad

The new Imperial Guard Codex brought one really tough nut onto the table- the Psyker Squad. Since there is no boxes set of them yet by GW I went off to search for convrsion ideas. I immediatly knew I had found what I was looking for when I stumbled over Dave Taylor's blog and his approach (http://davetaylorminiatures.blogspot.com/2009/05/more-of-brood.html). Like they say in German "Gut geklaut ist halb gewonnen" I talked to some friends and one of them (warpspider--> http://warpspider-warproom.blogspot.com)supplied me with the needed Nightgoblins I needed. Thanks again. I used greenstuff and mixed it with miliput terracotta for my modeling putty and went to it.
They are led by an overseer who is basically a Veteran Sergeant who will shoot them if they start acting strange- for him I chose the old Missionary model from GW and modeled him a left hand for hised laspistol and put him into line with the rest of my army by adding a Steel Legion backpack (from a tank kit I think). Look below to see the result and some WIP shots.







edit: I found one picture strangly modified when I loaded them on my PC.- It makes my head ache when looking at it longer (WTF?!)

Comments

Raptor1313 said…
I likes 'em.

I admit that I like the horde of angry large-skulled midgets thinking harsh thoughts at you.

I also like the overseer. His pose and the way you've done the pistol communicate the 'which one of you little buggers is going to need the Emperor's Mercy via laspistol?'
Cannonfodder said…
thx dude. The overseer has a lot of work in my army... ^^
Skeller said…
These guys are awesome! Great conversion work. I think that last pic is warp tainted and needs to be destroyed with the Emperors holy fire immediately.
Arathorn said…
Unfortunately they are missing laspistols...so no true WYSIWYG ... ;)
Cannonfodder said…
Ahh.. you have a keen eye- but so doo they. In fact they fire laserbeams (seethe orange color=) which count as laspistols. Btw: Are you the ETC Team-mercenary Arathorn?
Arathorn said…
yes, sir I am...well I never have seen psyker corps fire their laspistols anyway...
Cannonfodder said…
I thought you were. And yes, I fired the pistols once before charging and killing of a squad of battle sisters. ;)
oni said…
Oh man, that last pic is awesome, but it gives me a headache.